Karnataka related Office Bearers and State Bodies of All India Brahmin Federation
Working as a visiting Professor in Physiology at the International Medical College, Bangalore.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science of  University from St. Philomena College Puttur in 1963
Master’s Degree in Physiology of  University in 1st class from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli in1968
Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi with a Gold Medal in 1979
Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences, in 2000
Hon. Doctorate Degree from Einstein University, Florida, USA in 2012
As a Professor:
Taught the subject of Human Physiology to thousands of U.G. & P.G. students at various Medical / Dental / Nursing colleges for more than 40 years.
Was also a visiting Professor to Kyushu University, Japan for 2 years.
As a Scientist:
Published 28 research papers in various National & International journals.
Attended several National & International conferences.
Served more than 25 Universities in the Country several times for B.D.S., M.B.B.S., M.D., M. Sc., M. Phil. & Ph.D. Examinations in the subject of Physiology.
As an Administrator:
Worked as Dy. Director of Medical Education and Director & Consultant Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka for 5 years.
As an Orator:
Delivered well appreciated speeches & orations in hundreds of functions, in addition to talks in All India Radio, Jnanavani and also delivered several endowment lectures.
Also given several popular Programmes in all T.V. Channels.
Won a speech contest in Japanese Language when at Japan.
Was invited several times to give talks during the Vishwa Kannada Sammelanas organized by Association of Kannada Kootas of America(AKKA) and ‘Navika’ of USA and also during the Kannada Conferences held at UK and at various Gulf countries.
As a Writer:
Contributed more than 200 articles in various newspapers, weeklies, magazines, and also authored 12 popular books. 35,000 copies of these books have been sold so far. Some of them won awards.
Awards Received - 18
Dr. M.L. Gupta Oration Award
Dr. Pannalal Oswal Oration Award, Assam
Dr. Krishnamurthy Oration Award of IMA, Shimoga
Dr. A.T.S. Iyengar memorial Oration Award Karnataka
Maj. Gen. S.L. Bhatia Oration Award New Delhi
Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists (A.P.P.I.) Silver Jubilee Oration Award from Thruvananthapuram Medical College
Rajeev Gandhi Ektha Award
Alvas Nudisiri Award
Srikrishna Narasimhanugraha Award
Sir M. Vishveshwaraiah Sadbhavana Award
Buddha Award in 2015
Swami Vivekanada Sadbhavana Award
Life Time Achievement Award from Karnataka Samskruthika Parishath
Life Time Achievement Award from A.P.P.I.
Karavali Ratna Award in 2016
Titles Conferred - 14
Adarsha Seva Rathna
Ghana Hasya Vachaspathi
A Gem of Karnataka
Haasyslokadhipathi from Kannada Sangha Canada
Bangalore General Post Office released a 5/- Rs. stamp in honour of Dr. Puthuraya during the Kannada Rajyotsava Day held in 2014.
B.A. in History & Sociology from Bangalore University
Executive Member, AKBMS, (42 years of service)
B. Com., L. L. B
Roles and Responsibilities:
State Joint Secretary, Akhila Karnataka Brahmana Mahasabha(AKBMS)
Ex-Vice President, Bangalore City Youth Congress
Ex-State Vice President, KPCC Science and Technology
Director, Srujana Vividoddesha Sahakari Niyamitha, Basavanagudi, Bangalore
Entrepreneurial Aspirations with Rao Education Society
Generous Donor for Brahmin Organisation Events
- Pursuing L. L. B. (Final Year) from Karnataka State Law University (KSLU), Bangalore
- 1989 - B. Com. from Mysore University Bangalore
- 2008 - M. A. in Political Science from Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Founded and chaired Sharada Vidyaniketan® Group of Institutions, School, Architecture College and Vocational Training Centers
- Set up Artificial Limb Center Manufacturing Unit from Rotary International at M. S. Ramaiah Hospitals, Bangalore
- Oct 2010-Sep 2015 President, Sri Sharada Multipurpose Cooperative Society
- Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 Chairman, Sharada School of Architecture
- Jan 2003 - Feb 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Sri. Sharada Vidyaniketan Group of Institutions
- Aug 1990 onward Auditor, Sharma Associates, Bangalore
- Chairman, Sri Sharada Multipurpose Cooperative Society
- Ex-Vice President, AIBF
- Convener - Professional Forum, Akhila Karnataka Brahmana Mahasabha.
- President, Parasuram Dal, Karnataka
- President, Bangalore Brahmana Organisitions
- Vice President, Mulakanadu Mahasabha
Key Career Highlights:
- Recovered losses to the tune of INR 2 Crores & 5 Crores under VAT and Service Tax in the internal audit of 150 IT Organisations
- Acted as Secretary of Karnataka Tax Consultant Association & led pre-budget meets
- Played the role of State Taxes Committee Member, Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry(FKCCI) where represented trade and industries in various forums including Pre-budget meet for VAT implementation
- Shouldered the responsibility of President, Rotary International Bangalore Sadhashiv Nagar in 2014 & contributed in organising Karnataka’s first Investors & Industrialists Meet
- Successfully organised Doctors Conference to benefit the underprivileged people
- Successfully organised yearly Co-operative Directors Meet in Karnataka
- Contributed as Part of Karnataka Government Delegation to other countries for investments & studies
- Conducted audit for the construction of Check Dams in Tumkur district for an NGO
- Facilitated drinking water project for government schools in Rural Karnataka & set up 10000 Water Purifiers
- Developed and evaluated Indian Value Added Tax (VAT), Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax planning opportunities and strategies
- Co-ordinated the entire gamut of Direct Taxation functions including filing of returns, tax audit & certifications, transfer pricing assessments, IT assessment & appeals, tax provisions for Income Tax & Deferred Tax
- Managed all Indian tax audits including developing audit strategy, collation of information/analyses, working with external service providers for inputs, reviewing submissions, attending all audit hearings, communicating and coordinating with wider tax group stakeholders
- Effective communicator with excellent problem solving, analytical, negotiation & organisational skills
Over 25 years of rich experience in:
~ Land Acquisition
~ Strategic Planning
~ Stakeholder Management
~ Liaison & Coordination
~ Internal Auditing
~ Statutory Compliance
~ Advisory/ Consultancy Services
~ Project Review
Extensive experience in formulating business-centric, value-focused strategies and solutions that minimize potential enterprise risk impact and strengthen internal control environments
Proven Expertise in Areas:
- Land Acquisition (For education projects): Supervising various aspects of contract activities and land acquisition activities. Liaising & coordinating with all the related authorities etc.
- Policy Formulation: validating business plans & formulating commercial strategies for maximizing profitability.
- Liaison & Coordination: Coordinating with various Statutory bodies, Networking with KIADB, KSSIDC, KSIIDB, DIC etc.
- Internal Auditing: Distinguishing desired controls referring to objectives, risks, authority matrix, policies, procedures, operation manual, applicable regulation, financial reporting framework etc. Managing the internal audit of companies & institutes.
- Statutory Compliance: Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements & co-operative acts.
- Taxation: Monitoring the assessment proceeding of VAT, Income Tax, Service Tax, Entry, Professional Taxes; ensuring adherence to compliance
- Advisory / Consultancy Services: Providing management consultancy services by undertaking legal research, legal document & agreement reviews. Advising the management on issues regarding arbitration and alternative settlement of dispute.
Gayatri Bhavana, No. 3070,
Gayatri Bhavana Raste, (14th Cross),
9th Main Raste, Banashankari, 2nd Stage,
PIN: 560 070