- Pursuing L. L. B. (Final Year) from Karnataka State Law University (KSLU), Bangalore
- 1989 - B. Com. from Mysore University Bangalore
- 2008 - M. A. in Political Science from Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Bangalore
- Recovered losses to the tune of INR 2 Crores & 5 Crores under VAT and Service Tax in the internal audit of 150 IT Organisations
- Acted as Secretary of Karnataka Tax Consultant Association & led pre-budget meets
- Played the role of State Taxes Committee Member, Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry(FKCCI) where represented trade and industries in various forums including Pre-budget meet for VAT implementation
- Shouldered the responsibility of President, Rotary International Bangalore Sadhashiv Nagar in 2014 & contributed in organising Karnataka’s first Investors & Industrialists Meet
- Successfully organised Doctors Conference to benefit the underprivileged people
- Successfully organised yearly Co-operative Directors Meet in Karnataka
- Contributed as Part of Karnataka Government Delegation to other countries for investments & studies
- Conducted audit for the construction of Check Dams in Tumkur district for an NGO
- Facilitated drinking water project for government schools in Rural Karnataka & set up 10000 Water Purifiers
- Developed and evaluated Indian Value Added Tax (VAT), Entry Tax/Octroi, Service Tax and Central Excise Tax and other indirect tax planning opportunities and strategies
- Co-ordinated the entire gamut of Direct Taxation functions including filing of returns, tax audit & certifications, transfer pricing assessments, IT assessment & appeals, tax provisions for Income Tax & Deferred Tax
- Managed all Indian tax audits including developing audit strategy, collation of information/analyses, working with external service providers for inputs, reviewing submissions, attending all audit hearings, communicating and coordinating with wider tax group stakeholders
- Effective communicator with excellent problem solving, analytical, negotiation & organisational skills
Over 25 years of rich experience in:
~ Land Acquisition
~ Strategic Planning
~ Stakeholder Management
~ Liaison & Coordination
~ Internal Auditing
~ Statutory Compliance
~ Advisory/ Consultancy Services
~ Project Review
Extensive experience in formulating business-centric, value-focused strategies and solutions that minimize potential enterprise risk impact and strengthen internal control environments
Proven Expertise in Areas:
- Land Acquisition (For education projects): Supervising various aspects of contract activities and land acquisition activities. Liaising & coordinating with all the related authorities etc.
- Policy Formulation: validating business plans & formulating commercial strategies for maximizing profitability.
- Liaison & Coordination: Coordinating with various Statutory bodies, Networking with KIADB, KSSIDC, KSIIDB, DIC etc.
- Internal Auditing: Distinguishing desired controls referring to objectives, risks, authority matrix, policies, procedures, operation manual, applicable regulation, financial reporting framework etc. Managing the internal audit of companies & institutes.
- Statutory Compliance: Ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements & co-operative acts.
- Taxation: Monitoring the assessment proceeding of VAT, Income Tax, Service Tax, Entry, Professional Taxes; ensuring adherence to compliance
- Advisory / Consultancy Services: Providing management consultancy services by undertaking legal research, legal document & agreement reviews. Advising the management on issues regarding arbitration and alternative settlement of dispute.
- Founded and chaired Sharada Vidyaniketan® Group of Institutions, School, Architecture College and Vocational Training Centers
- Set up Artificial Limb Center Manufacturing Unit from Rotary International at M. S. Ramaiah Hospitals, Bangalore
- Oct 2010-Sep 2015 President, Sri Sharada Multipurpose Cooperative Society
- Jan 2013 - Jan 2015 Chairman, Sharada School of Architecture
- Jan 2003 - Feb 2015 Chief Executive Officer, Sri. Sharada Vidyaniketan Group of Institutions
- Aug 1990 onward Auditor, Sharma Associates, Bangalore
- Chairman, Sri Sharada Multipurpose Cooperative Society
- Ex-Vice President, AIBF
- Vice President, , Akhila Karnataka Brahmana Mahasabha.
- Chairman - Professional Forum & New Initiatives, , Akhila Karnataka Brahmana Mahasabha.
- President, Parasuram Dal, Karnataka
- President, Bangalore Brahmana Organisitions
- Vice President, Mulakanadu Mahasabha
- Vice President, , Karnataka State Tax Practitioners Association.
- Member, , State Taxes & GST - FKCCI.
- Member, , Nahinw Achow Committee - GST
- Founder and Ex-Member, , Institute of Tax Practitioners of India